Tuesday, February 12, 2008

New Jobs

I think most people already know this but Bobby has a got a new job that he will begin at the end of the month. This job just kind "fell in his lap". He wasn't looking because he absolutely LOVES his job with HP but this one seems to be just as good with a little bit better pay and benefits. So after a lot of going back and forth and weighing the pros and cons we decided to try this out. He will be working for a partner company with HP called Agilysys. He will still sell HP products but he can sell anything that HP makes not just servers and blades like he was at HP. Basically HP pays this company to sell their products.


For some time now Ashton has had chores and jobs that she has been asked to do and it has not been so easy getting her to do them correctly so we decided to make her a little more accountable by implementing a job chart. My great friend (and genius) Jodi created a chart for her daughter Macy who is the same age as Ashton so we decided to try one out ourselves. We made a few changes to Macy's and Jodi made one for Ashton. Ashton is big on having the same thing as Macy so we thought if the charts looked the same that would also help.


On Saturday as Ashton was cleaning her playroom, I was telling her about the job chart and how she would get paid for doing her jobs and suddenly she burst into tears. As she was crying this is what she said, " You can't pay me to do jobs, that is what you do for like 16 year olds and I am only 5! I don't want to be paid for jobs!I am just a kid!" After I was done biting my cheek to keep from laughing I explained that she would still have to do he jobs and if she didn't want to be paid, then that was her choice. We also had the talk about all the people we know who get paid an allowance.


We started the chart yesterday and she has done a great job after one day...we will see if she can keep up the enthusiasm she has right now.

Here is a picture of Ashton's job chart...it is not a great picture and I apologize. It is the best I could do...I couldn't get it without the flash spot in the middle but you get the idea.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. What are her jobs, I couldn't tell from the picture.

Grammy Jenn said...

I absolutely love the new family pic...are you going to get it enlarged? It would look great over the mantle. Also, where did you get Ashton's chart printed? It is soooo cute!

B.E.A.L. said...

Ashton's jobs are:

*put her clothes where they belong (hamper etc.)
*Put shoes where they belong
*Put toys where they belong ...everything has a place
*Feed Buster
*Help set the table at supper and clear her dishes

B.E.A.L. said...

The picture was taken by my friend Kynda and we are going to have it enlarged.

My friend Jodi made the chart on the comptuer and I added the stickers.

Grammy Jenn said...

How did you change your layout and add that Landry timeline? I didnt see this layout in the templates. I want to change mine but dont really like any of the ones they have to choose from...please share your secrets with me!!!

Kristin said...

LOVE the new family pic. What a great picture! Ashton's little timeline is really cool. . . you're a big time blogger now :)